email: truckingwrite@gmail.com

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Letter to Ride Magazine

Simon Weir, you've redeemed yourself after that prattish article which can only be summarised by, ' I'll remove my helmet when you remove your shoes'. (As a motorcyclist, Simon was protesting against being asked to remove his crash helmet when buying fuel at petrol stations). Come on Simon, don't you understand what goes on in the real world?

But dealerships being the backbone of motorcycling (Ride, December, 2013), that's a whole new issue and here you've hit the robber on the head.   You're absolutely right, we're seduced by the personal touch. In fact, I bought my Bonny SE irrespective of price because I was offered a cup of coffee. I know it sounds daft,  but it's true. However, hindsight is a wonderful thing and when I returned to the same dealer to buy a Rocket, it was because they offered the best deal. I took off my helmet, they took off their shoes, we got something going; I  got what I wanted, they got a sale.  It makes a difference, the personal touch; but cost, price, value rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment